Permitting and Compliance - Waste Management - Overview
The Permitting and Compliance Group ensures that Kennedy Space Center (KSC) operations are in compliance with federal and state of Florida hazardous, solid, and regulated waste management requirements.
Kennedy requirements for various waste management programs are found in the following chapters of KNPR 8500.1 (KSC Environmental Requirements):
- Chapter 13 – Hazardous and Controlled Waste
- Chapter 14 – KSC Landfill
- Chapter 15 – Biomedical Waste
- Chapter 18 – Pesticide Management
- Chapter 19 – Polychlorinated Biphenyls